Hard Russian life of Carrier chiller)

As you know there is a huge number of producers of chillers. With one there is no wish to stand nearby, with others on the contrary pleasantly to work.
    In fact they are brought together from spare parts of identical appointment, but different quality. And in general quality of spare parts defines a measure of life and forgives certain flaws of commissioning. We will tell so immunity of the unit not always from the birth it is identical.

Today I want to tell you about the ancestor of cold, Mr. Carrier 30RB about 9 compressors of heavenly color and as about cheerful opening, sleepless nights and there is some good luck where without it.

In February, or March, I went to the next area on diagnostics of this soldier. He fought against heatsurpluses in a chicken incubator.
    From 100 to 200 thousand chickens a day delivered this institution for a further konveer in receiving chicken fillet and breasts, working for stitched installations in a recirculation mode.
    Nearby the cooling tower who was engaged in absolutely the same business, but in the winter melted. There is a lot of heatinflows, the incubation means decrease in temperature with 38 to 37 degrees.
    But all idea was killed with hydraulics... which I ask to notice the representative of Carrier started... And it was 2006, and the machine it is possible to tell only was published.

And so, his life was predetermined initially. Manometers aren't present, ports what to be connected isn't present, the people at all didn't know where power supply from pumps.
    When I arrived, he already was the zombie who can revive unless the epic necromancer. 2 compressors from 9 worked. 3 burned, 1 in a wedge. Fusible inserts about a half aren't present. 2 compressors which worked, were replaced a year ago... nobody found out a cause of death, sold, sealed and started... having thus refilled one contour on 2 cylinders r410a, also filled in an ultra-violet additive.

It is a contour with 2 live compressors onboard.

Even dandruff from spirals in the filter didn't stop me...
    I started washing a contour, when you see flying metal particles in glass, you get a light a cigarette and you think of the eternal.
    About it is necessary what to wash separately I at once I guessed, at first the condenser, then the evaporator... I soldered additional shreder and rushed, days were replaced at the nights, never guessed that the human body can not sleep so much.

I sealed the solenoid before EXV, the personnel often switches off it a knife switch, at me in a day the unit was switched off time 3-4 from splashes in tension. Pro-dialogue unfortunately doesn't give the chance to put accumulators on drivers.

And here that day when it seems all ok, 2 contours are washed out , new oil is filled in, even Schröder's valve are twisted in the compressor that oil could be merged and filled in normally, instead of evacuating all contour.

I remove alarms on the controler and I start a contour. My hair start turning gray... top of compressors become covered by a perspiration, in glass blizzard, SuperHeat 0.
    Well here 2 options, EXV is broken or something says lies. I measure the sensor which works together with the driver and I fall into a stupor, the sensor constantly gives out 1.142 kOhm - 65 C in a gas pipe. I unscrew the sensor from a contour No. 3... the sensor live, but it is switched-off, and on its place the resistor which gives constant 25 degrees.
    It at all didn't confuse me. That EXV should change from a contour No. 3 and to put thought on No. 2 I tormented me much more strongly. (it it is necessary to evacuate 150 kg of ***** from a washed-out contour No. 3, and 40 kg from the 2nd which is washed already out, new oil is filled in, it is filled with *****, and ready to start)
    And so occurred... the valve head as a result was in a wedge.

Thank God, the head of other valve worked. I adjusted in the Target SuperHeat controler - 8.
    There more many work, current protection of compressors, frequency converters for first step of the fans, new exv and sensors, 3 compressors, and one more washing of a contour.

p.s. All for Lulz)

Re: Hard Russian life of Carrier chiller)

At night there are a lot of bugs.

Excuse for bad knowledge of English.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Good story, thanks.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

That is truly an oddessy Rusbuka, good job to persevere!
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.