Measuring Refrigerant flow with a coriolis meter to calculate btu's an kW's

Hello everyone, Well you know me , Always taking on something I know little about but with the help I have recieved from this site my success is pretty damn good. I thank you all for that.

Here in the States the manufacturers of commercial refrigerated display we will be required to comply with an energy standard set forth by the Dept. of Energy. All units will need to be measured in kW's 24hrs calculated The self contained stuff we can hook-up to a kW meter and we're done. For the remote stuff we need to measure the actual volume of refrigerant flow then convert it to kW. These units are typically run off a rack therefore they are tested that way as well.

We are purchasing a coriolis meter for this purpose. My question is do any of you have experience with this in a manufacturing setting? Set-up, possibly on a mobile cart? fittings? hand valves, by- pass ? site glass or other accessories? I've searched the internet but no where can I find stuff pertaining to refrigerant specifically.

Thanks , Kengineering

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Measuring Refrigerant flow with a coriolis meter to calculate btu's an kW's

Jeez, from what I have briefly reading, you are to have a lot of fun wit that task.
    www.sepemo.eu/uploads/media/D6_9_5_Tran_rivere_IIR.pdf

Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Measuring Refrigerant flow with a coriolis meter to calculate btu's an kW's

apart from mass flow, you will need to measure saturated and sensible temperature, to give you gross refrigeration effect, (for net refrigeration effect, you need to read temps at each cabinet)