Rsorion Guest

Discharge pulling a vac Trane screw

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g20vlgl2o...-VnIXsNEvZDgxa
    I am working on a Trane ERTAB 108, that has recently had a remanufactured screw compressed on it. On start up Star/delta the discharge pulls a vac instantly.
    I wasn't the engineer who removed the comp to be rebuild(it was re wound, mechanically it was sound). So have rewired per instruction left, I have also checked with another unit on site that the wiring is all the same.

I am not 100% on star/delta compressors, but have read that if the motor is running backwards change the cables at the compressor end to stop the phases been 180 degrees out.
    My question is does both the star and delta sides need changing or just the one if so which one.

Hope the photo can help.

Thanks Tom

Re: Discharge pulling a vac Trane screw

swap the incoming phases before the contactors- if you swap the outgoing side then you have to do the star and delta- if you mess it up you will get a big pop when the contactors go bang- whats the standing pressure?? seems strange your getting a vac on the discharge line

Re: Discharge pulling a vac Trane screw

That's an odd one!
    Just as an aside, did you replace the contractors when you replaced the compressor, or were the contacts in good order?
    Obviously there's been a major electrical issue with the compressor & the contractors may well have been damaged. Or vice versa.