How many coolers can one repair in one day?

The company I work for is forever increasing the amount of coolers to repair in 9 hours. We are currently standing on 15 per day. And the one not done must be added to the following day. What do you guys think about it?

Re: How many coolers can one repair in one day?

Give the boss a slap! Sounds a bit of a bell end.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

How long is a piece of string...

In theory I could "repair" around 80 coolers per day. That is assuming that they all are at my workshop, all lined up by others and if me changing the fuse doesn't get them started then they are automatically deemed beyond economical repair.

Real life? For any faults? Including burnouts and compressor changes? Handling them? And without knowing what type of "coolers" we actually are talking about?
    Who knows...
    Especially us here in Europe, America or wherever with some sort of employment laws and job market...

I don't know about your situation in SA but I do know that in some countries when the boss say jump then the only reply is "how high".

True, true. Its all commercial, and add 150km average per day to the equation.

How hard is it to find reasonable or good fridgies in SA? Regardless of the local labour laws, if qualified & experienced tech's are thin on the ground, you are able to take a stand - as long as you have the next job lined up, and your current boss isn't highly thought of in the industry.
    Alternatively, get a bunch of your colleagues together & time how long it takes each of you to do a specific task.
    Repeat for various tasks done on your equipment & don't forget to include maintenance, commissioning & decommissioning, minor vs. major services, etc.
    Then work out the average time per task. This gives you & your office staff a good baseline to estimate what you can do in a day's work. If there are very common failure modes, you can then agree an average no. of repairs per day, assuming (say) the 2 or 3 most common failure modes.
    This worked well for one employer, where once we had the information we field staff were able to agree mean times for maintenance visits with the office. This stopped the office from constantly giving us the hurry up & overloading us, and also had the benefit of reducing callouts to nearly nil, where they had been creeping up due to insufficient maintenance coupled with lack of attention to job recommendations at the office end.

Just had a similar q/a with one of our customers. They suggested 8 a day. I said no chance nearer 4 (if you're lucky)

How many? over 100 maybe up to 200 (if I'm lucky:-)

a company i once worked at had a engineer that took all day to change a tank pump on a cassette they didnt mind either as the customer was paying shame they had no morales

huh well i try once ... i am a beginner...!