Refrigerant Recovery Unit 230v conversion

Hey guys im in the market for a new recovery unit. Im currently living in Australia and have found the price on recovery units to be ridiculous when compared to our american counter parts. I was wondering if anyone had disassembled any units and could tell me if the compressors are directly fed or if they run through a transformer. If the latter we might be able to do a bit of a conversion. Im not interested in running a stepdown transformer . Its got to be an internal solution.

Just to give you guys an idea ive been quoted $1750 aud for a cps tr21 the same pump sells on amazon for $593 usd .Converted to aud equates to $641. Thats a $1109 difference. Must be huge profits being made by importer or manufacturer.

Re: Refrigerant Recovery Unit 230v conversion

uk voltages 230v 50htz - cps tr21 has different versions for different voltages- doesnt show a switch or option for rewiring
    http://www.cpsproducts.com/pdf/TR21_Man.pdf

Robinair do vac pumps with switchable 110/230V windings. Maybe they do that in a reclaim unit?

Or, go old school & build your own. As long as it's only reclaim, using a POE condensing unit won't matter. Or build one of each.

Hey mate, We run Appion recovery units, they're bulletproof in my opinion and Patton's have good deals on them at times here.