City Multi R407c 2003 pump down

Hi everyone,

Asking the obvious but other than carrying out a pump down like on a normal split, how do you pump down a Mitsubishi City Multi? Model PURY-P500YEM-A.

In the Service Manual I'm sure I read dip switch sw3 number 6 has to be on, but tried that and the unit just sits there doing nothing!

Are these dip switch settings correct?

I understand It wont pull all the gas back and I will have to reclaim some from the p/w, but I'm guessing once the condenser is running the gauges will drop until the unit cant hold anymore and then the needle will start to rise up again, this is then where I shut off the valves?

Help!

Thanks

Re: City Multi R407c 2003 pump down

http://www.mediafire.com/view/84pp9j...20Handbook.pdf
    service manual- dont pump down a city multi- as when the valves pass,youll either lose gas or dump nitro into te condenser when pressure testing

just stick all the indoors on test cool

Ok cheers. So what you're saying is really Mitsi would prefer me not to pump it down? But if I had to stick all the indoors on cool?

bear in mind that the additional charge could be upto 15kg and you wont get that into the condenseras that will have to hold the factory charge- best to degas the lot to compare to the total system charge- why do you want to pump it down?

I am installing a brand new PURY-P400YJM-A in a roof top plant area but the problem is there is not quite enough room on the slab base.

I need a width of 1220 + air flow as the footprint on these new City Multis are bigger than the PURY-P250's.

I can gain the footprint I need if I shuffle two existing City Multis up the slab base, so was going to pump down and alter the pipes as suits.

Morning,

Is this good practise then to pump down City Multi's? For what I need to achieve?