I'm new and here to learn plus have a few questions :)

I have been ripped off by the ac techs here many times over and its just hopeless now - a brand new split unit A/C doesn't work for any more than 3 or 4 years.. while the old window ACs still keep running strong..anyways

I have a 1.5 tonne, made in Pakistan AC lying around with a bad compressor and I intend to revive it.

I have quite a lot of options with the compressors such as the good stuff from Bristol compressors and the likes. I want to know what else do I need except the manifold gauges and a vacuum pump for the service job plus I would like to add driers to the system - but don't know how or at what points exactly I can add them.. I do have the basic tools, spanners and sockets etc.

Also if someone can explain the procedure to vacuum the ac system along with the basic concepts that would be very helpful.. I am reading some refrigeration books at the moment but some things just go over me.. so a nice and simple explanation would probably help me learn better and quicker

thanks in advance
    regards

Re: I'm new and here to learn plus have a few questions :)

Hi Syncview,

My advice would be to buy the book below or one similar.
    I think it would help with all of your questions and it's full of illustrations.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...d_i=0750685190
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

Re: I'm new and here to learn plus have a few questions :)

thanks Marc