Lazy Carrier Container

It's a 69NT40-541-302 running 1 or maybe 2 degrees of differential on supply/return. Won't cool below 45F here in the high desert. It got a new Controller, "Micro-Link P/N 12-00579-00 or approved equal" before I saw it and fired it up. Ran okay--Except for Alarm 67--but we don't control humidity anyhow, so I ignored it. It ran good for a few months, then cooling petered out.
    Checked the usual--cleaned both evap and cond coils, fans run hard, changed filter drier and put in correct 8.75 pound charge of 134a. It pulls 8-9 amps per leg and suction of zero to -10 inches. Discharge runs 110 to 195 as condenser fan cuts in and out. So what red flag am I missing here?

Re: Lazy Carrier Container

Sounds like the expansion valve isn't feeding. Low side pressure should be around 22 psi.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Re: Lazy Carrier Container

Checked the usual--cleaned both evap and cond coils, fans run hard, changed filter drier and put in correct 8.75 pound charge of 134a. It pulls 8-9 amps per leg and suction of zero to -10 inches. Discharge runs 110 to 195 as condenser fan cuts in and out. So what red flag am I missing here?

Last edited by wicky; 10-12-2014 at 06:51 AM.