Disgruntled at Trane UK But if anyone else can help :)

email I sent to Trane USA for obvious reasons. So frustrated with them.Any one else have issues with them?

Model Serial #
    ERtra 108 N/A

Comments: Low refrigerant temperature Alarm advice required. Unfortunately, None
    of your uk offices care to help independent Contractors and are also very off
    hand. They just refuse to assist and it is a common problem within the industry
    here in the UK all I am asking is a pdf manual for the above equipment. You are
    the only company who refuses point blank to assist other refrigeration
    engineers??? Maybe it is different in the US of A. I hope so . I respectfully
    await your comments in this matter. Kind Regards Peter J M Hardie M.Inst.R
    Last edited by frank; 16-05-2014 at 08:25 PM.

The moving finger writes and leaves a broken fingernail behind!

Re: Disgruntled at Trane UK But if anyone else can help :)

I used to be on the other side.
    What do you need to know, I may have the info here somewhere?
    Does it have a UCM CLD controller, or the older type?

I always thought it was the way the chiller co's were. I found Carrier & York both reluctant to help the competition / outsiders.
    Last edited by FreezerGeezer; 16-05-2014 at 10:54 AM.

trane york and carrier are notorious for getting serial numbers so they can trace the unit and contact the customer direct. Never give them that detail

also try hvac talk as there are a lot of trane techs on there and are usually willing to assist

To be fair Richard, as far as Trane is concerned, you need either the complete model no. (Yes all gazillion characters) or the serial no, or both to ensure you get the correct wiring diagrams and / or parts list. Both the technical & parts list programs are a pain in the butt to search properly due to a number of reasons, especially that America & France use the same model designation for same-same-but-different product. It may still hold true that any Trane model no. beginning with E is European built product. But I have seen stuff come out of Epinal / Charmes without the E prefix, so even that's not totally reliable.
    Scroll chillers & RTU's were & probably still are a particular pain.

For parts especially, ALWAYS give the parts dept. the full model & serial no. Also the order no. if it's still marked somewhere. If the parts software database is actually complete it can be most easily (in my experience) searched by order no. And ideally, any part no's or other I.D. Info you can find on the part itself - trust me on this, I speak from sometimes bitter & embarrassing experience!

Oh, during my time there, I don't know of anyone using the serial no's to work out contact details for a service sales approach. Could be wrong on that of course, but since we organised delivery to site of all orders, trane already know where everything is, in theory. But hey, Commercial & Service barely spoke to each other at the best of times. Lol
    Last edited by FreezerGeezer; 16-05-2014 at 04:16 PM.

I know Trane did It to a guy in Cambridge area. York did it to me once and I have heard Carrier do it too..

For most new chillers you will need to give the full model and serial number so they can check for the correct part, wiring diagram etc parts wise the chiller may even have some factory fitted options . The poor parts guy has enough on his plate trying to identify the correct part without chasing down where the chiller is installed.
    Service dept's on the other hand are your business competitors and no longer offer tech support and are more likely to ask for a order no so as to send a guy out to site after all they are in the same business as yourself.