Smile Daikin Condensor Fan Settings

Hi all,

Would anyone know how do change the fan settings on a Daikin 16kw condensor unit, or have a manual the states what the indicator (LEDS) mean inside the unit,

Cheers

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Daikin Condensor Fan Settings

The indicator LEDs should be detailed on the diagrams inside the unit covers.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks for that,
    How do you go about changing these settings on these units? like condensor fan duty for high static or low static pressure?

Cheers

Brad

bluey, if it is front discharge this is not possible as they are not supposed to be ducted off, what is the model number.
    If it is top discharge it can be changed on vrv you will be looking at it is binary 18.
    Push and hold the mode button for 5 sec, H1p will come on solid, then set 18 times, return, set return, return, then mode to go back to normal setting but i think that the unit you are looking at is a front discharge, without the model number i can't say.
    most likely you won't be able to do it i would say.

Brunstar,

Thanks for your help on this issue,
    DO you have any manuals with this sequence in it?

please see below my model numbers,

Indoor UnitFDYQ160MV1ROutdoor UnitRZQ160PV4A

WHat do you mean by front discharge and top discharge?

Cheers

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by bluey_lewis View Post
    Brunstar,

Thanks for your help on this issue,
    DO you have any manuals with this sequence in it?

please see below my model numbers,

Indoor UnitFDYQ160MV1ROutdoor UnitRZQ160PV4A

WHat do you mean by front discharge and top discharge?

Cheers

Brad
    Don't recognise those p/numbers - may be different in Aus. However, a 160 would indicate nom 16kW. The RZQ outdoors that we have are 71,100,125 & 140 which all have horizontal / front discharge fans. Next size up is an RZQ200 & 250 which have top / vertical discharge fans. Side / horizontal discharge units are not designed for ducting so as far as I know will not have the feature you are looking for.
    Last edited by Greengrocer; 25-01-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
    If in doubt read the instructions. If still in doubt follow them.

yes bluey, this rzq160 is the change over for the australian market it is actually a mini vrv unit with a model change number for the australian market.
    when i am talking about top discharge i mean the condensing unit, the model you have there is a front discharge and this model you can not change the ESP of the outdoor fan, why did you want to do this anyway is it that you have it enclosed somewhere?

With that model too i think they brought back the compressor mounting bolt in the front that needs to be removed otherwise it will be noisy when it is running.

is it going out on F3 is that why you wanted to change the ESP?

don't forget these units are not precharge for any pipe length so you will have to add charge on all installs.

let me know what problem you are having and why you want to increase the fan ESP?

sorry i forgot to include, if you want to adjust the indoor fan ESP this must be done on the terminal block in the indoor unit to change the fan speed tapping which will give you more airlow if needed.

if you get the manual for the VRV, RXYSQ4 -6P this will be the same logic. but you can't adjust the outdoor fan on it. Only the evaporator fan motor.

Just sent you a link to the Service Manual

Thanks guys for your info,
    I have been having trouble with my new Daikin Ducted system, not cooling down the house, Daikin Tech came out and had a look, said he changed the Condensor fan speed to try stop the hot air re-circing on the condensor, in the mean time the installers came and lifted the condensor/ compressor unit up so the air goes over the fence, works much better now,

Also the installers changed the control so it works of the temperature in the duct not at the controller, does any one have the settings to change this back? and what 00 01 02 mean under settings 41, (which temp is which?)

Also is there anyway to make this units preform better?

Cheers, Thanks again for your help!

hi bluey, what you can do is increase the indoor fan speed setting to high static to give you more air flow, you will have to power down and on the indoor unit the fan motor goes to a link which is i think grey and white, you have to change it on the terminal block on the indoor unit.
    the best way to get it to perform is what you did by lifting it as the compressor would have slowed down due to the recirculation of the air around it.

41 setting is 00 - wall controller
    01 - return air on the unit
    02 - liquid line coil temp
    03 - suction line thermister temp
    leave it on return air as this will be best.

you can use the leave home setting and the unit will come on when the room temperature exceeds what you set even if the system is not turned on but i think it is just hot and maybe you can increase the static of the indoor fan.

Thanks for that Brunster,

Why do you day the return air is best,
    Yesterday i had it on, my setpoint was 20degC the return air was 20 and the room temp was 22,
    SO i was thinking of changing it back to room temp,

My controller is not located right next to the return air by the way,

Cheers

what temp was the return air sensor sensing?
    It will not just read from the return air it will work on the return air and the last 2 degrees it will work on the wall controller.
    On heating you will have a problem with the cycling as the hot air will stratify in the duct work and not be as responsive on heating so change the sensing to 10-2-01 for wall controller.

Air is lazy also so it will take the easiest route.
    if you have rooms near the return air this will be the easiest route so i would suggest to the beds where you may have too much air flow close the door but leave a shoe in the door or if it is open plan in your living and you have 2 doors shut the one closest to the return air and make the air flow go around the long way to the return air.

Return air was sensing 20 deg C
    Wall Controller was sensing 22 deg C

Setpoint was 20 Deg C,

so i was thinking if i changed the setting to work off the wall controller i would get down to my setpoint of 20 deg C,

how does this sound,

Cheers

maybe 21 or so but i think you may just need to do an air balance, have you changed the fan tap on the indoor unit to give you more air flow?

Smile Re: Daikin Condensor Fan Settings

OK, How do you do an air balance, also i havet changed the fan jumper yet, its been 44 deg C for the last 3 days here in Melbourne, so bit hot to get into roof,

Also what kind of liquid temp would you expect to get to get at these temps outside, i am finding it hard to get under 12deg c liquid temp, and 28deg in the house, the unit has been on since 8:00 in the morning, so it should'nt be working so hard,

Also i double checked my part numbers, the installers put in a different unit than the said on there quote,

new numbers are
    Indoor Unit FDYQ160KV1
    Outdoor Unit RZQ160KV4A

Thanks again

Cool Re: Daikin Condensor Fan Settings

My brouche on my units, say it as ESP Settings? Settings are STD/HI, What does the mean again, and how do i change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Just sent you a link to the Service Manual
    can you please email me the link to the service manual, brad_lewis@hotmail.com

Cheers

HOTBOY1951 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brunstar View Post
    It will not just read from the return air it will work on the return air and the last 2 degrees it will work on the wall controller.
    On heating you will have a problem with the cycling as the hot air will stratify in the duct work and not be as responsive on heating so change the sensing to 10-2-01 for wall controller.

if you have rooms near the return air this will be the easiest route so i would suggest to the beds where you may have too much air flow close the door but leave a shoe in the door or if it is open plan in your living and you have 2 doors shut the one closest to the return air and make the air flow go around the long way to the return air.
    Can you please explain how to switch between return air sensing and controller sensing using field codes?

HOTBOY1951 Guest

My unit is Outdoor Unit RZQ160KV4A

Quote Originally Posted by brunstar View Post

you have to push and hold the test button on the wall controller till 10 setting comes up, then change the feild code in the left hand corner with the timer up and down buttons to 10-2-01 then push the set/cancel button which looks like a clock with a cross through it then the test button once, then it will re initialise with 88 on the screen.
    job done.

HOTBOY1951 Guest

Thanks for your help.

jeromeb Guest

Hi my name is Jerome, I was wondering if you can send me the service manuals as well. Thank you
    Jerome.Barrientos@resilienze.com. I have a rzq160kv4a unit as well and I can not seem to get it to cool down to what my previous actron air would cool the house down. I have tried to increase fan speed...is there anything else I can do please help.

Hi, Jerome, I will forard those manuals to you!,
    i think i have the same problem as you? what kind of installation to you have? does the heating work ok? what other fixes have you tried?
    Cheers

gregrudd Guest

Yes I have a similar issue to that listed above. I too have exactly the same model for both indoor and outdoor units. Where by the inlet temp is 27 deg and getting a liquid temp of around 14 deg over the evaporator. However when the unit starts you can see the liquid temp drop to around 5 and stay there for about 3 min and then ramp back to about 14 deg. Would it be possible to forward the service manual for this system. My email addie is gr4638au@hotmail.com