Xjf151 with slide hand wheel

Hello,
    I'm digging into a frick xjf151 natural gas screw compressor that has failed. Wondering if anyone out there has an overhaul manual. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly apreciated. Please email to basso1455400@gmail.com thank you

Re: Xjf151 with slide hand wheel

I sent you the XJF-151 manual, the seal replacement instructions and the gasket arrangement for the Vi. Hope that helps.

Thanks balance piston !!!!

After looking over the manuals that you sent me it shows that there are special tools that are made for overhauling these units. I can make tools that will work but it would be nice to have a kit of some kind. Do you know if tool kits can be purchased and if so where would a guy find one? Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Process guy View Post
    After looking over the manuals that you sent me it shows that there are special tools that are made for overhauling these units. I can make tools that will work but it would be nice to have a kit of some kind. Do you know if tool kits can be purchased and if so where would a guy find one? Thanks again!!
    I would suggest Frick or a Frick factor agent.
    Painful, but probably cheaper to make yourself of fitting shop.

Ranger is correct, you will have to order the toolkits from a Frick Factor. Cimco is pretty much your only option in Canada, here is a link to all the Frick Factors.

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/conte...r_contact.html

Unfortunately the toolkits are overpriced for what you get. The only tools you really need are the one to press the rotors out, press the new thrust bearings in, and the tool to set the end clearance. It's been a long time since i've overhauled an XJF, we typically view them as "Throw-Away" compressors and send them back to Frick for a credit, but the TDS, SGC, and NGC, compressor you really only need the tools I listed above.

When you order the parts make sure to order them based on the serial number, not all compressors are built the same. This being a natural gas compressor it may have higher temperature bearings to allow the compressor to operate with higher discharge temperatures (250+ degF) to avoid dewpoint issues in the oil separator. This is usually only an issue if you have heavy hydrocarbons and/or water saturated gas. The higher temperature bearings will have a brass looking cage and a black cage for the standard bearings.