York YCIV feed valve problem

Hi all, I probably have a problem with feed valve in york YCIV chiller. Valve don't open after compressors start. On the controller I have information that it should open in 47% or something close this value but valve is close. Compressor suction all refrigerant from flash tank and his level there is 0. All system have normal amount of refrigerant. I have checked sockets and wirings. All is ok. How can I check it without evacuation of refrigerant. There is something els.this valve is noisy comparing to another in the unit. It is something like scratching and probably it try to open or testing itself. Is there some option for auto testing or calibrating for this valve.

Re: York YCIV feed valve problem

Do you have correct voltage at the valve when controller says it should be open? Valve could be blocked rather than defective? Either way you will need to reclaim and investigate further. Hopefully there are shut off valves in the system that you can use to isolate to a degree and prevent having to reclaim the whole system. Check the valve for blockages before ordering new.

I don't think that it would be voltage problem. When sys is stopped stepper motor try to calibrate this valve in my opinion. It is much more noisy than another. I have replaced plugs with another valves for testing and and always this particular valve try to do sth. Isolating gas in some of section in this chiller is very difficult. There is not enough shut off valves. I will try to drive this valve manually in service mode and by-pass connecti. I will see and tell what happens.

did you checked out the resistance of the stepper motor?

Yes, I have checked resistance, isolation, short circuit to ground and nothing. I was burn the board. When I was assembling new board I check again all wires. One of the wire had short circuit to the ground. This short was inside the valves cage. You can see it at the picture. Very simple failure but very strange becouse at the beginning I can not notice it inspite of measuring all wires.DSC_0438 (800x600).jpg