Need some help Daikin Ducted System

I could really use some help with a service manual for a Daikin ducted a/c. Outdoor unit model RY200KUY1, and indoor unit model number FDY80KAY1.

Problem is with the indoor part, fault code A6, which is from memory a fan motor lock, so not sure if the PCB is the problem or the fan itself yet, as haven't had too much time to look properly at it. It's a 2002 installation with a multipoint zoning system. I can't find a service manual for it anywhere, and I thought I would have one, but don't.

Thanks if anyone can help.....Makes a nice change from chillers !!!

a problem shared is a problem halved

Re: Need some help Daikin Ducted System

The fault will stay in the memory until u clear it - press test to show the fault with controller off then hold on/off until it clears

a6 fan locked-is the filter clean, does the fan rotate freely? maybe 1 of the tappings for the fan speed is dead, capacitor ok
    Last edited by install monkey; 25-04-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: posted info on a6 louvre error-oops

The filter is clean (first thing I checked). Access is not great so I have taken out the return air grille . I haven't been able to hand rotate the fan yet as I suppose I will have to strip half the unit out to get at it. The unit plate on the inside unit shows it having a three phase supply (even though I thought it would just take a phase off the condensing unit).

I thought about the capacitor as well but with no service manual it makes it harder. I did reset the fault but comes up immediately as soon as you turn on the controller.

Thanks. A little light bedtime reading. Something to look forward to fixing tomorrow in a 60 degree roof.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    Interestingly a belt drive fan, and a magnetic switch. I wouldn't mind betting the belt has broken.

As it happens the belt isn't broken. The PCB looks OK as well, two flashing lights. The fan turns easily by hand, so that isn't seized. I couldn't stay there too long so didn't finish off, but it looked like the overload was tripped as it was sticking out quite noticeably, but as I have not turned off the power fully, I am not resetting it without checking the motor resistance, which should be all the same as it's a three phase fan motor. Once I've done that, then I'll check for the overload. Very strangely though, the breaker (when I left) was off and will not reset. the mechanism in them is supposed to snap it back to the on position when it's reset, and I noticed that there is no resistance to resetting the breaker, it just feels loose. You can hold it on, but it won't stay on, and this has been happening for a week or two I believe. Luckily I've got a spare one somewhere so will fit that later and check all the other things. Perhaps that will solve my problem, but if it doesn't then I'm down to the contactor/overload or the relay.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    a6 fan locked-is the filter clean, does the fan rotate freely? maybe 1 of the tappings for the fan speed is dead, capacitor ok
    Turned out to be a rat which had chewed through some of the cable feeding power to the fan coil unit. The installers had used two single phase cables to get enough conductors. So I re-did the cable properly and it was all good Thanks.

my first post should have said- is there any animals in it! haha