hOW TO CONACT WEIGHING SCALE TO A COMPUTER

Hi, i have a weighing scale and a computer. i want to show my weighing scale reading on my computer. For this what circuit or intermediator i need.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: hOW TO CONACT WEIGHING SCALE TO A COMPUTER

Ask the weighing scale manufacturer, we can't see what you have from here sorry.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Ask the weighing scale manufacturer, we can't see what you have from here sorry.
    Ok Thanks, but Currently i have a Digital weighing scale and a computer. And want to know what are the another requirements.

You need a an IT geek. What's wrong with the display on your scales? Are you trying to show off?

dhinakaran Guest

if your weighing scale has a RS232 output, then connect to PC serial port. With this you can get the values in "hyperterminal" in PC. If you need to display it in other formats, you need to create a small program to get this string from the scale and take the weight and display....

It depends that your digital scale have port with which you can connect your scale with computer. Because most of the scale don't made for connecting with computer. If you have that port on your scale than you need a wire to connect that with your PC.
    Last edited by Jackson2; 15-08-2014 at 10:45 AM.

You need a software to do that, the only things that you will need are an appropriate cable that connects from the scale to your PC and a Windows program called a "Software Wedge". You just have to follow what the instructions are.

well first you need an analog to digital conversion circuit and a signal bufferis circuit to read the strain guage and out put to the ADC. then you need to make a calibration alogerithm, and a table for the soft ware you'll need to write. then you need to come up with a display system for the gui of the app.

the LM 310a is a good signal op amp, there is a good selection of analog to digital converters to chose from.

Good luck! and please post the circutry and soft ware in return, thank you.
    Now in Redvers Sask.