Emeerson univesal controllers

Hello
    Just wondering if anyone has a good troubleshoot info on universal controllers for EX valves.
    We have a rack that we have 7 that are reviving a constant 10vdc signal and the valves are opening and closing.
    They don't have much info on them in North America
    Thanks in advance

Re: Emeerson univesal controllers

Hi! I'm the Social Marketing Manager for Emerson Climate Technologies and your question appeared in one of my automated searches. I forwarded it to one of our technical experts at Flow Controls and here's what he had to say:

See the links below for data sheets on the EXD-U00 that give some more in-depth information on the control that pertains to this inquiry. Some things that he needs to check/verify include:
    • Check to make sure that all the DIP switches are in the proper position
    o The EX4, 5 & 6 have the same settings
    o The EX7 has its own settings
    o The EX8 also has its own settings
    o Make sure the DIP is set for 0-10 Volt if that is what your input signal is
    o Verify the DIP switch is properly set for either With or Without start mode
    • Verify that all wiring connections are proper
    o The 0-10Volt input must be made to the properly identified analogue terminals (0-10V)
    o Verify the polarity is correct
    o Make certain the cables going to the EX valve are connected at the proper terminals on the EXD-U00

If after checking all the connections and wiring the controls still do not perform properly, contact the Emerson Application Engineer that serves Canada. In this case that would be Greg Swiercz at 519-720-2236.

http://www.emersonclimate.com/Docume...(PA-00317).pdf
    http://www.emersonclimate.com/europe...EXDU_35048.pdf

Hope this is helpful!
    Regards, Karla

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Emeerson univesal controllers

Welcome Karla and thanks for a useful input.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015