daikin e7 error- need advice

hi all

i have a daikin rzq125 twin fan unit with error code e7. i know this is related to outdoor fan motor. i have checked all connection which are good and checked inverter board which also checks out ok. voltage is being sent to both fan motors

my problem is with the unit being twin fan how can i test to see which one is at fault. i checked them in a similar way to checking a single phase fan motor is this correct even though its inverter driven? the fan has 5 wires going to it and so unsure how to check resistance therefore i checked between all wires. i kept getting OL on my multimeter for all which lead me to believe that the fan motor is open circuit causing current overload and my e7 error?

but what has put doubt in my mind is that the second fan also checked out the same. surely both fan motors cant be shot or have i done something wrong when testing?

thanks in advance

Re: daikin e7 error- need advice

If you download the service manual from Daikin extranet then it should show you which cables you should be testing and what resistances to expect.
    Regarding the OL readings that you are getting, are you sure that your test leads are actually touching the cable ends in the CN connecter? These can be quite tricky to get correct readings on.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

Re: daikin e7 error- need advice

I carry a couple of pins which slide into the socket for easily testing. .

ensure the fans rotate as it may be catching on the cowling

manual here

http://www.daikinac.com/content/asse...e%20Manual.pdf

this gives the test procedure + the resistances. May not be the same as your unit but compare the two fan motors jot them down as you go.