Thread: Audit 12 kW

Audit 12 kW

The EU insists that a regular audit on >12 kW airco's has to be done. As far a I understood, this audit is already performed in the UK. How is this going practically? Do you have to measure temperatures, pressures? How do you evaluate a VRV/VRF system where all working parmeters are always changing? How to evaluate an invertermachine? What paperwork needs to be done?
    I'm a member of the Belgium working group on this issue and we don't need to invent the wheel again.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Re: Audit 12 kW

peter, it all Boll***s- they have to be registered to become an assessor- 1 or 2 day course, usually they have very little experience with splits, vrf etc
    they inspect 10% of the systems- take photo's of the evap coils, inspect the controls to see setpoint of the system and if their controlled by a timeclock- then they send a report- money for old rope- this should have been done years ago, but as usual not many customers want to pay £500 for a 2 hr visit- I know lots of sites who haven't had this done, no penalties, no one appears to be checking- maybe the f gas police are too busy eating doughnuts! haha

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Audit 12 kW

As Install says, it is just another tax that no one is checking on.

Just money for more pointless data.

The sooner the EU Commission get a real job life will begin to be wort living again.

(OK Rant over)
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015