Hi, I've been wondering just how much certification we as refrigeration engineers need to offer full services to our customers.

I have my 2079 level 1, which I know allows me to buy, transport, recover and leak test systems. But do I also require certification or registration to carry to carry my oxy/acetylene cylinders? (My insurance doesn't seem to think so but in today's world it really doesn't seem to fit that I'm not buttering some ones bread so I can buy my own)

Also I was curious as to weather or not I should be registered as a hazardous waste producer/carrier since I am expected to remove such items as a pot compressor that contains waste oil. This thought occurs due to a conversation I had with some one from the Environmental agency that told me that if I remove the oil from a compressor that makes me the producer of hazardous waste and not my client whose site I am on and thus I need to register to do so.

I have tried to find the answers online and by phoning SEPA directly (they said they would call back and never did) to no avail, I'm sure the information is out there, probably hidden in the long winded, over complicated regulations but I can't seem to find it.

Or is it just the case that I can do all this with out paying to be certified so long as I keep following regulations.

Any kind of direction to aid my search would be gratefully excepted, any direct statement that includes a definitive list would make my day, year, life.

Oh I'm new by the by, Hi!