What brand is this case controller please?

Hi all

Had a call out to a Husky single glass door ice fridge today.
    The evaporator was frozen up & a forced defrost (I think I got it right, anyway) did absolutely nothing.
    I've left the unit to defrost overnight, but am having trouble finding a manual for the controller. I couldn't find it on Husky's website (maybe I need an account) & it doesn't look like an Elm, Carel or LAE.

Here's a couple of photos:

Does anyone recognise it please? I'd like to verify the defrost settings before walking away.

Oh yeah, there are NO identifying labels on the fridge, that I have found so far! No wiring diagram either!

Blog Entries

Re: What brand is this case controller please?

That controller is replaceable which means that it is removable. Is it not accessible from the top of the unit? There will be a company name on the back side of the controller.

Check this:
    http://shangfang.en.alibaba.com/prod...ol_SF_104.html

Yup, tried to remove it. It was glued in - by the data label. There is no mounting clip. The terminals are glued over, and the clips holding the front & rear of the controller together are glued too! They really don't want you to know what brand they're using!
    In fact I got it out eventually, stuffing the label in the process but the glue was actually over the make & model bit so out of luck there.
    I've signed up to Husky's site but it doesn't seem they have any tech. papers there. Have sent them an email via their contact us form.

Passandscore, it looks like you've probably hit the nail on the head with that link, thanks a lot.
    Last edited by FreezerGeezer; 20-02-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Autocorrect fail!

Is it not possible to remove it and fit another controller freezergeezer?

its a standard controller- you dont need the reference if youve ragged the label off- comfirm if its 240v or 12 v input- probably 240v
    1 relay for comp signal
    count the number of probes- sometimes theres 2 as they stick a coil sensor in to terminate defrost( not really necessary on a fridge)

a standard eliwell 961- standard fridge controller, no elec defrost- fan should run continuously and only stop if theres a door switch
    set defrost duration to 30 mins max
    upto 4 defrosts a day
    comp setpoint is based on return air probe- will req replacing as some are ntc some ptc
    set an on delay of 3 mins to prevent short cycling
    prog low limit setpoint of 1 deg high of 10 deg
    and trim the alarm parameters

G Cook: yes, but it's working fine so why bother? It'd be too expensive an exercise in this case.

Thanks Install Monkey. It's a freezer, a FGD used for bags of ice in a bottle shop (off licence to us Brits). If I had to replace the controller I'd probably have gone with a Carel as they're what's easily available locally. Then I'd have programmed it much as you suggest, just for frozen temps.

It has electric defrost.
    Very high humidity here at the moment - 97% at 03.00 this morning. My first thought was that may be an issue, however further investigation this morning after an overnight 'off' defrost shows that all but one of the heaters are open circuit.
    The client doesn't want to repair it as a replacement will probably cost not much more than replacing the heaters (2 underslung, but 2 through the block with insufficient room to remove them without removing the block from the fridge! I did wonder if the underslung were an earlier repair, but all of the elements were still in circuit). They're happy to just keep an eye on it & switch it off overnight as necessary.
    So I made electrically safe & reinstated normal operation. Then I used Passandscore's link to track down the manufacturer's website which had manuals available, thank goodness. So I've programmed defrosts every couple of hours, max. 12 minutes / 8*C to try & give the client a bit more time between 'off' defrosts.
    Job done. Welcome to fridgy work, Australian style.

Thanks for all the help everyone.
    Last edited by FreezerGeezer; 21-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.