Unhappy Stupid - Vaccum oil added to mechanical compressor ???

So I'm using Black Gold in the vacuum pump, reached for the 3GS oil in the clear bottle and added it to the mechanical compressor (1/2 Ton boat-engine driven). Added maybe 1/3 of the total oil. Packing up after system check out I realized - S..T that was another bottle of vacuum pump oil!!!

Can't believe I did that! So its an old R12 system, maybe 1/3 of the oil charge is now vacuum oil. To drain the system requires completely removing a very hard to get at compressor. Anyone want to guess what my chances are of the system just continuing to work? Its not like its a hermetic compressor, maybe . . .

Re: Stupid - Vaccum oil added to mechanical compressor ???

It will be a similar viscosity rated oil, mineral I hope.

Re: Stupid - Vaccum oil added to mechanical compressor ???

Any chance you could suck out most of the oil from the sump through the same port you added it in?

A refrigerant reclaim cylinder under vacuum should drain your compressor quickly...
    Or a peristaltic condensate pump could also be used.

As your system is running on R12 the oil is probably mineral so small amounts of vacc pump oil could probably be acceptable but personally I wouldn't let it run with any high concentrations of Vacc pump oil.