Post Refrigerator placed in a window....??

Dear Sir/Madam,

Im a student and new to this forum and very expecting that i will get all my seniours and friends advice on this issue...

Sir what will happen if we place a refrigerator in a window, so that the all parts which will produce heat is outside of a room and no direct sunlight will be pour on it..

then if we open a door of a refrigerator, will it cool a room ???

any suggestion...?

thank you

Re: Refrigerator placed in a window....??

If the room is the same size as the refrigerator it could work, if the room is bigger it will be like trying to pull a lorry along with a motor bike!

So no, it won't work.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

what is the difference between air conditioner and refrigerator..
    why our utility electricity bill comes more with ac and less with refrigerator..???

Thumbs up Re: Refrigerator placed in a window....??

Quote Originally Posted by fawadn.1984 View Post
    what is the difference between air conditioner and refrigerator..
    why our utility electricity bill comes more with ac and less with refrigerator..???
    A refrigerator normally cools food ac cools people/equipment. The more heat gain in the room the longer the ac has to run to get the desired temp plus other variables uses more power so costs u more

To add to the above heat range! Air cons are designed to move a larger amount of heat at a higher temp then a fridge. fridges are meant for low load, medium temp, air con is high load high temp

so think of a fridge like a bycical pum, and an air cone is a 3 cylinder york air compressor driven by a 40Hp motor, can ya fill the tank with the bycical pump? sure but not much will be left of it when finnished!

in other words fridge will move 200 to 300w of energy from one side to the other, end point temp will depend on insulation of the room and the heat sources inside of the room.

Air con will move 1.5 to 2 Kw of energy from the room!

utility bill comes from using power! fridge will run 24/7 till it burns out, so you pay for the new fridge and the power with no gains in cooling.

Air con you pay just for power with real gains made in cooling! if you wish to save on power your only option is better insulation of the room

I hope you are still around and this makes a bit of sense, as I am dead tired atm!
    Now in Redvers Sask.

I think your fan and copper coil will provide more cooling... And that's saying something! Have you tried opening a window?

pull the shelves out the fridge and take turns sitting inside it