marstair heat pump problem.

Hi,

recently attended a site which has 1 x marstair cc600 heat pump, customer had said the cooling and heating modes were not working when called for via hand held controller. No faults on display on cassette. I have checked continuity on the 2 core data cable between indoor and outdoor this is ok and both thermistors air and coil on indoor are ok. Indoor works in fan only but fails to start when heating or cooling called for no led s lighting up.

I have replaced indoor pcb and still getting same fault , I am now looking at the receiver and ribbon on fascia after discussing with marstair technical but was not 100% as they were not sure either.They said even with data cable disconnected at outdoor I should get a fault to indicate communication fault which doesn't happen. The only way I can get it to display a fault is by disconnecting a thermistor on the indoor then it comes up with 3 x led lights. They also said when calling for heating /cooling via hand held controller it should respond by lighting up heating/cooling led on fascia but again doesn't.

Thanks steve

Re: marstair heat pump problem.

u checked the float switch

New batteries in the controller?

Also, check the remote itself.
    (Point it at a digital camera, like the ones on mobiles, to see that it's LED light up when you press the buttons on it)

on an E style controller you know you have to set the function then press the send button to transmit to the unit, if cooling and heating modes are poor then check your gas charge as usually they only have a pressure switch on the liq line

I has a similar problem and it was the transformer, but was a hh600
    Last edited by bigspee; 01-03-2014 at 06:04 PM.