screw compressor application limits

hi
    I have bought bitzer compressor( HSK 7471-90) instead of HSN model for low temperature purpose. evaporator temperature is limited on -20 degree celsius in HSK models,while the evaporator temperature of my system is -40 degree celsius. I'll be grateful if someone answer my questions.
    1- does my system work acceptably with HSK compressor?
    2- if it doesn't, what do you recommend to deal with this problem?
    3- in general, what would happen if a screw compressor work outside of application limit?

thanks a lot

Re: screw compressor application limits

Hi, m.heidar

Quote Originally Posted by m.heidari View Post
    hi
    I have bought bitzer compressor( HSK 7471-90) instead of HSN model for low temperature purpose. evaporator temperature is limited on -20 degree celsius in HSK models,while the evaporator temperature of my system is -40 degree celsius. I'll be grateful if someone answer my questions.
    1- does my system work acceptably with HSK compressor?
    2- if it doesn't, what do you recommend to deal with this problem?
    3- in general, what would happen if a screw compressor work outside of application limit?

thanks a lot
    here you can find some answers ....
    http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...SK-7451-80-40P

seems HSK units are for higher evaporating tempertures ... from -20*C that means motor is maybe capable to run at evaporating temp of -40*C, the question is what about cooling of motor windings in that case, but I can be wrong ...

here you can download application manual ... it is the same for both type of compressors ...
    http://www.bitzer.de/eng/productservice/p4d/SH-100

Answers to your questions:

1. according to application manual seems possible ...
    2. my suggestion is to contact Bitzer and ask how to solve your problem ....
    3. it is not good, but outcome is unknown ...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.