refrigerant phase out.

Just been informed by my supplier about the phase out of refrigerant ,what is the future if you are installing equipment taking into consideration the clients standpoint?

Blog Entries

Re: refrigerant phase out.

well aware of the r22 situation,its the 404a phase out that concerns me,if you were installing equipment to say last 20 years [not a/c] on a freezer application which would you use and existing equipment which is in an intact state,or would you scrap it and start again?

Blog Entries

To the best of my knowledge the 404a phase out has not been mandated in North America. That being said, I assume that a drop-in replacement will or has been recommended which of course would be the customers preference. Perhaps the push is for CO2! I am hearing lots of talk about it on this side of the pond!

If the phase out of HFC's follow's the same trend as as the R-22 phase out where the US was about 10 years behind EU that we here in the states will looking at a phase out in 2030 to 2040. I do not agree with this one bit. HFC's are not released into the air if a system is not leaking. I think the best way to go about this is better leak guidelines and requirements that are actually enforced. Don't get me wrong I don't like government interferance any more than the next guy but if it keeps us from having to retrofit every system we have lets go for it.