Hi all, hoping for some insight in to a weird problem.
I have a fridge/freezer of 80L on my boat, driven by a York (CCI) 210 compressor on the engine. System is about 7 years old, and previously worked well. The condenser is a meter away from the compressor, and is made up of two 60cm water cooled heat exchanger pipes followed by a larger diameter 60cm pipe with the pressure release valve on it.
I had it recharged the other day after I rebuilt the compressor with a new shaft seal and valve plate gaskets. The old shaft seal was leaking excessive oil, and the replacement passed pressure testing and stopped all leaking.
Unit was charged with R406 and mineral oil (as before), as well as fitting a new dryer and transfer valve.

I ran the system for an hour and a half the day after re-gassing, but on my second use a week later the system ran for only a couple of minutes before the pressure release valve (mechanical, not solder plug) opened and dumped out most of the seriously expensive gas....
The condenser is definitely getting plenty of cooling water, so overheating alone is not the culprit.
What else can cause this to happen?