Thinking to start Refrigerant (*****) business

I have been thinking from last few days to start a refrigerant whole sale business. Living in Saudi Arabia for last 28 Years, HVAC is literally the life line over here and perhaps the most important commodity after food and water for human survival. Looking forward to tips and suggestions from industry experts. My favorable brand to deal with is HoneyWell and hope to begin my inventory with a 20ft container of R410a and R134a.

Re: Thinking to start Refrigerant (*****) business

Shame..not a single reply yet.

Do market research

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    Shame..not a single reply yet.
    You were making a simple statement.

What sort of response did you expect?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi The boss.
    research existing companies in your region as to what they carry as stock items, then get an import agent and customs clearance agent, next go to a trade show in Europe and get agency agreements set up with suppliers, they will all be in one place at a trades show. Take a thick cheque book with you. Most will be money up front , freight costs your care.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Hi The boss.
    research existing companies in your region as to what they carry as stock items, then get an import agent and customs clearance agent, next go to a trade show in Europe and get agency agreements set up with suppliers, they will all be in one place at a trades show. Take a thick cheque book with you. Most will be money up front , freight costs your care.
    Good luck.
    I just struck a deal with the local Honeywell representative and will be doing local whole-sale / retail.
    There is no way to sign an agency agreement. Beside the $$$ involved, all major brands have local reps present here trading in large volume and it wouldn't be cost effective to import anything less than few containers. However, if imports can be made then R410 wholesale prices are much more competitive in the USA than over here. It seems Honeywell prices their products according to regions and that is the reason they control the export so tightly.

Honeywelll will only sell to a local business in USA with a local bank and delivery address. Export is not allowed so they wont co-operate in any exports. Therefore a trading agent will be onto himself for getting all paperwork / formalities done. I will start from tomorrow with a 100 Cylinder stock of R410A, R407C and R134A and will slowly upgrade to larger quantity. Meantime if I find direct imports to be a competitive option then why not avail it.

You can buy anything wholesale from Alibaba.com

Market research is the best for you. I think you should search for it and then you can decide it yourself. It is always better to have decisions in our hands

HI, do you want refrigeration equipment business? In China, it does not allow to export only refrigerant.