Hi all,
I have a 1 ton (2.4kw) cap tube split system which was originally on R410a until the old gas escaped after a copper line failed....since the system was open to atmosphere i decided to plumb in a reversible filter dryer in the liqiud line to catch any moisture etc. After doing a fair bit of reading and cosideration I have decided to regas the system with R290. According to the literature the charge is 40% (304g) of the original 760 grams...no problem there but was unable to get the specs on the liquid capacity of the filter...comparing it with some similar models of filter I estimated that the filter capacity with R290 was around 50 grams. So after making sure the system was leak proof and evacuated, I put my charge in and tried the system. Tried it on cool and no cold air...this ststem only has a service port on the low side and was reading around 20psi...the liquid line felt very cool....reading some another post on this forum re R290 i should be reading 63-70 psi on the low side. My assumption is that I am undercharged and i will need to add small amounts of refrigerant until i get a good vent temp at the evaporator.
Thanks!