Engineering questions

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and joined because I'm having trouble finding answers to questions that come up when trying to design refrigeration products for my business. I'm not an engineer more of a "jack of all trades", I have ideas and I need help making sure I'm approaching them properly. My company manufacturers water-cooled equipment and until recently purchased all of our water chillers from another manufacture. They let us down repeatedly so we decided to manufacture our own chillers, with our own design. Basically I'm using all standard refrigeration parts to manufacturer the chillers but we are assembling them in a different way than most companies. Our business is growing fast and units are flying out the door. We have had units running for over a year now with only some minor electrical problems with fan cycle switches but other than that there are no refrigeration problems. The units are very efficient and we seem to have it right. I would feel better having an educated engineer look over the design to make sure we are producing the best product possible, that are charges are right, and that we won't see some problems develop down the road.

My issue is that I'm going for a patent on a re-design and can't openly discuss all the details on the forum, some elements I would like to leave private. I've searched online to find an engineer to help/hire but I'm not having any luck finding the person I need. Can anyone suggest someone for me to contact for help?

Thanks so much in advance, hopefully I posted this in the right section.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Engineering questions

Welcome and good luck with your product(s).

I can't help with your request but the USA is a big place, if you would like to tell your location it might help in getting a suitable response.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

im trying to invent a square wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Welcome and good luck with your product(s).

I can't help with your request but the USA is a big place, if you would like to tell your location it might help in getting a suitable response.
    Thanks for responding, we have an office in central Texas right now but we are in the process of moving to Boulder Colorado.

Are you looking for pure theoretical or combination of theory and practical?
    Without giving your secrets away, why not ask a question in which you need assistance, to help decided who is best to help.