the transformer suddenly blew up..

Hello my friends. Recently I inspected a ceiling Carrier indoor unit and after setting that in operation suddenly the transformer of the indoor pcb blew up. I didn’t know why this occurred since the unit had been working for 3 seconds at least. The wiring between indoor and outdoor was correct. I suspect the humidity caused the problem since the unit was stored for about 3 years in a room with no light and high level of moisture. What is your opinion? Is there a chance after putting on operation the unit to have the transformer suddenly blown up?

20131214_130027.jpg20131214_134736.jpg
    Last edited by Greek_engineer; 16-12-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Re: the transformer suddenly blew up..

probably is moisture- as the fuses would have protected the transformer from grounding- also allow the contactors coils for fans,compressor , heaters to dryout otherwise theyll be more to change

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

The cables appear to have been cut, was this before or after it blew?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

The fuse went off,
    What is worthnoticing is the fact that the unit started operating and all were looked well when all of sudden (about 2 minutes since pressing the start button),I heard a strong noise and realised that both the fuse and the transformer had been blown up.

Sorry, but this unit is power supply of 230/3/60 . It's possible on your site?