Copeland Kriwan Int69 SC

Hello guys.
    I have a problem with a big Copeland scroll kompressor. It has worked fine. But the system got a leak. Repaired leak and got it running again. But now after running 10 min the Kriwan cuts power for the contactor. If power is turned off and on the compressor runs fine for 10 min again. Pressure is fine. Suction 3,3bar. Discharge 20 bar effective. Compressor is not more hot then usual.. Only the top with Discharge is hot, but it is ment to be. Using this as a Heat pump for Water. Running R22. Using 19Amps on all 3 phases, Imax operation is 27A, so cannot see Why Kriwan cuts power. Could Kriwan has become defective?

Re: Copeland Kriwan Int69 SC

System was vaccummed and so, no air inside system. Even replaced dryer. Also when starting up compressor after 10 sec Kriwan cuts power only for 0,3sec and it happens 3 to 4 times after that runs fine for ca 10-15min. Then it cuts for good and you have to shut power off.. What Do you guys think? I think the Kriwan sensor cannot be replaced. So think it maybe be the Kriwan?

monitors the resistance of the thermistor during operation, the resistor must remain below 1000 omm, if the resistance and replace the correct KRIWAN.
    otherwise it will not remain you to mount an external motor
    hello and good luck.

t.case Guest

There have been issues with this particular device. Vibration seems to affect them. If you see a lot of brown plastic dust inside the terminal box on the compressor you can be assured that the protector has seen a lot of high frequency vibration. Make sure the white sensor connector that goes to the compressor fusite terminals(looks like fluorescent light bulb pins) are tight and that the module is firmly in its place.
    If you have two identical compressors in the machine, trade the two controls. It has worked well for the 35 2 circuit machines I maintain.
    Best to you.

I've had a few of these fail recently, as mark957 says check the resistance if not replace the compressor module because it has failed.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc