Thread: Exam assignment

Question Exam assignment

Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum while searching for help for my final exam assignment.
    The assignment is about household refrigerators/freezers, so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right subforum.

The assignment is supposed to be a 15-20 page report on some questions I got from the examinators, and I'm gonna post all of it for you to have an impression of what I'm working with.

-Explain what a household refrigerator consists of and how it works. (I have this part worked out mostly from my physics book, but post something if you think it can help, more sources are always a bonus in this assignment)

-Describe what happens in a h, log(p) diagram and explain how this diagram can be used to read different variables, also discuss why the 'help' lines for temperature are drawn as they're drawn in the diagram. One of the temperature lines that I have to explain are marked with red pen and this is also the diagram itself: http://i.imgur.com/e7Bsw1O.jpg

(This part is hard, and I'll take anything I can get )

-Describe the historical development of the refrigerator/freezer (This part is hard to find credible sources for, I've searched on wiki, but theres lots of citations missing and generally it wouldn't be a good source)

-Make an environment analysis and an environment assesment, where you asses the environmental loads of old and new refrigerators. (lack of sources, would probably need some energy consumption measurements of old and new refrigerators)

-Make a techonology assesment where you write about importance of refrigerators/freezers for the community. (I have nice models to use for this, but lack of sources)

-Put in perspective, do you think that the producers of refrigerators and freezers will become even better at producing more enviromental refrigerators/freezers in the future? Justify from reliable sources. (any help here really).

Well that was a wall of text..
    If you can help with any of this and have the time to reply to just one of these, I would be very grateful. If you want to contact me outside of this thread please post a reply and I'll PM you my contact information.

If this thread is not allowed on these forums/this subforum please move/delete it.
    Thank you in advance for reading.

Re: Exam assignment

Quote Originally Posted by refnewbie View Post
    Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum while searching for help for my final exam assignment.
    The assignment is about household refrigerators/freezers, so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right subforum.

The assignment is supposed to be a 15-20 page report on some questions I got from the examinators, and I'm gonna post all of it for you to have an impression of what I'm working with.

-Explain what a household refrigerator consists of and how it works. (I have this part worked out mostly from my physics book, but post something if you think it can help, more sources are always a bonus in this assignment)
    http://www.danfoss.com/nr/rdonlyres/.../pf000f102.pdf

-Describe what happens in a h, log(p) diagram and explain how this diagram can be used to read different variables, also discuss why the 'help' lines for temperature are drawn as they're drawn in the diagram. One of the temperature lines that I have to explain are marked with red pen and this is also the diagram itself: http://i.imgur.com/e7Bsw1O.jpg

(This part is hard, and I'll take anything I can get )
    http://www.arca53.dsl.pipex.com/inde...s/phrefrig.htm

-Describe the historical development of the refrigerator/freezer (This part is hard to find credible sources for, I've searched on wiki, but theres lots of citations missing and generally it wouldn't be a good source)

-Make an environment analysis and an environment assesment, where you asses the environmental loads of old and new refrigerators. (lack of sources, would probably need some energy consumption measurements of old and new refrigerators)

-Make a techonology assesment where you write about importance of refrigerators/freezers for the community. (I have nice models to use for this, but lack of sources)

-Put in perspective, do you think that the producers of refrigerators and freezers will become even better at producing more enviromental refrigerators/freezers in the future? Justify from reliable sources. (any help here really).
    http://www.alliancepolicy.org/sector_houseAppl.php

Well that was a wall of text..
    If you can help with any of this and have the time to reply to just one of these, I would be very grateful. If you want to contact me outside of this thread please post a reply and I'll PM you my contact information.

If this thread is not allowed on these forums/this subforum please move/delete it.

That should keep you going for a while.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Thank you Rob, it looks like what I need and also adds to my sources.

Could still use some help for this part, the linked source from Rob is an intro but not quite enough to get through this part.