CMS-MNG-E - Drivers

Has any other engineers tried using windows 8 with Mitsubishi Electric CMS-MNG-E? I've tried the windows 7 drivers but doesn't appear to work. I've tried Mitsi UK and they've not really answered my question. Just seeing if anyone else has had any joy

Re: CMS-MNG-E - Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteWDJ View Post
    Has any other engineers tried using windows 8 with Mitsubishi Electric CMS-MNG-E? I've tried the windows 7 drivers but doesn't appear to work. I've tried Mitsi UK and they've not really answered my question. Just seeing if anyone else has had any joy
    I'm pretty sure mine runs on windows 7 (I've only just upgraded from windows XP)
    What version are you running?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

I send him 5.10 with win 8 drv

Apologise for the late reply Gents. Rusbuka Спасибо! Downloaded yesterday and worked. Exactly what I was looking for.

Regards

I've posted before about having trouble with Windows 8 and the Daikin Service Checker, Mitsi Alpha etc.

What I found out was that you cannot assign a USB port as a Serial comms port with Win 8. You can with Win 7, but the powers that be at Microsoft think that in this day and age, Serial comms shouldn't be required so it is not a feature in their latest OS.

Despite shelling out several of my hard earned on a shiny new laptop, I'm still using the trusty Sony on XP for site work.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    I've posted before about having trouble with Windows 8 and the Daikin Service Checker, Mitsi Alpha etc.

What I found out was that you cannot assign a USB port as a Serial comms port with Win 8. You can with Win 7, but the powers that be at Microsoft think that in this day and age, Serial comms shouldn't be required so it is not a feature in their latest OS.

Despite shelling out several of my hard earned on a shiny new laptop, I'm still using the trusty Sony on XP for site work.
    Frank, I haven't had problems with Daikin Service Checker, software ver 1.53, then I use a RS232 to USB adaptor with relevant drivers for adaptor. Link below for adaptor, don't buy from Maplins or PC world

http://www.easysync-ltd.com/product/...-1001-r10.html

Once adaptor is recognised (drivers installed), set the checker up and assign the adaptor to a com port 1-8 then in checker software under options tab match the assigned com port 1-8

Daikin worked first time since updating to Win 8

Mitsi works now since downloading the drivers Rusbuka sent

Job done

Frank, forgot to mention assign the adaptor via device manager but do this when the checker is wired, powered up with serial to USB connected both to checker and computer

You mean 1.53A? Or may be you have smth better?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteWDJ View Post
    Frank, I haven't had problems with Daikin Service Checker, software ver 1.53, then I use a RS232 to USB adaptor with relevant drivers for adaptor. Link below for adaptor, don't buy from Maplins or PC world

http://www.easysync-ltd.com/product/...-1001-r10.html

Once adaptor is recognised (drivers installed), set the checker up and assign the adaptor to a com port 1-8 then in checker software under options tab match the assigned com port 1-8

Daikin worked first time since updating to Win 8

Mitsi works now since downloading the drivers Rusbuka sent

Job done
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go...looks like I might just be missing the driver. I've got the adaptor cable.

Hello. Can anyone help me with the CMS-MNG driver for Windows 7. I'm not an AC engineer i'm just installing the ac units and it's for my personal check before the guys from Mitsi are coming to commissioning. Thank you

Or windows 8 drivers

To Bsmoke:
    Any drivers (Win 7: x86, x64) and program (ver. 5.08) are located inside the archive:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/2h6f6w
    For download - press "Click here to start download from sendspace" button.