Ok another stupid question

I'm being thrown into a situation that's beyond my control however I have to control the situation. I have a basic understanding of restaurant refrigeration units. If I were to purchase Tech method, Would I be able to accurately diagnose a reefer unit? And if not,is there somebody on this forum that could consult me with troubleshooting if I paid them for it? If it seems like I'm desperate, it's because I am. So please somebody help me

Re: Ok another stupid question

Regarding the Tech Method books, I would you suggest you direct your question to our member Gary, the author. He is in a better position to answer your enquiry.

Like any trade or profession, understanding the methods/details/workings, takes many years. Books on the subject can explain the basics but you need hands on experience to become proficient. Piano playing looks easy until you try it.

My advice would be to employ a trained professional to help you.

Thank you Frank.
    i am a one man restaurant maintenance company and cant afford a reefer tech this moment. i am almost finished with an online cert through Penn-Foster and am setup for college in January for an AAS in refrigeration. Would you know if there is a reefer consulting company out there? Could I utilize these forums for assistance in troubleshooting? Would it be rude if i messaged Gary for assistance?

feel free to message anyone on the forum- use the search tab and search -reefermechanic
    Last edited by install monkey; 27-11-2013 at 10:00 PM.

reefermechanic, wow. he is very helpful. unfortunately, i do not have permission to PM anyone here

Why you need a reefermechanic if you work in small refrigeration cooling like found in restaurants?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.