Greetings all:

I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time now, so I wanted to start by saying thanks to all the contributors. I hope I chose the right forum in stead of troubleshooting, because this system is "practically" working, but maybe not technically

I have a brand new system of a Copeland condensing unit, 1/2 HP running two banks of evaporators in a prep table. There are three evaps per bank, each bank is controlled with a remote temp control and liquid line solenoid and cycles on low pressure

The condenser sets beneath the table, in the kitchen with ambient temperatures from 70-85F. The coil is about 6" from the inside wall of the table so it has 6" of clearance in front of the coil, three feet to the left, and six feet to the right. I did a smoke test to visualize the air flow across the coil and it seems to be fine as far as pulling fresh air across the coil. At first I thought I would have to cut an airway in front of the coil, and this is still an option

When charging the system, I was unable to ever get any subcooling of the refrigerant. For example, my saturation temp would be say 103F, and the refrigerant coming out of the coil was 104-105, so it wasn't even condensing. Barring the air flow issue I couldn't think of another reason this could happen.

R404a
1/2 HP
1/2" suction lines
3/8" liquid
Two dryers, two sight glasses after the two liquid line solenoids.
Left bank is 3 evaporator coils with two fans each
Right bank is 3 evaporators with two fans each.
Unit is cooling, but I don't want compressor issues
Amp draw is ok
At install, proper refrigeration practices were followed, so go easy on me

Thanks in advance
David Abram
7 years experience, no formal training