Scotsman AC45 Electronic Fault

Hi All
    I have a Scotsman AC45 and the original fault was simply shutting down, I thought this was the Bin probe/sensor. I had the luxury of spare probes and board that I know are good, replaced the bin probe and ran, went through the initial 5 minutes fill and went in to refrig cycle, produced ice albeit not big enough but left it to run overnight i.e. evrything as it should be. I've come in this morning with the intentions of adjusting the DIP switch to prolong the refrig cycle to increase cube size but for some reason the unit has tripped the electrics.

I therefore reset the dip switch back to factory settings and switched on but the unit now short cycles and appears to run through the lights, it also cycles the pot briefly so didn't leave it on for too long. It seems to do go through the motions in quick succession (in total @ 5 seconds) i.e. pot > condensing fan > water inlet valve > pump. It isn't the board as I tried the other board and it goes through exactly the same routine.

BTW this isn't the sensor/Eye but the earlier probe model/type within the guide on the left hand side of the bin. I can't help feeling that it would be something to do with the electrics tripping overnight. I've cleaned both boards and ensured they're dry and clear of dust and/or crud but they were both fairly clean irrespective. I'm wondering whether it's something breaking down electrically that's feeding back to the board. This is the first time I've come across this. Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Scotsman AC45 Electronic Fault

Something tripping the breaker usually means a short or overload.

Have you checked the sol valve coils, hot gas coil etc.

Service manual here

Re: Scotsman AC45 Electronic Fault

Frank
    Cheers, yes I did think about the solenoid valves, the water inlet especialy, think I might go through them one by one, bit tedious but rewarding when sorted. Will start tomorrow and report back, nice little problem solver and possible future remedy for all
    Regards