Exclamation New heat pump Daikin EKHBRD016ACV1 , AE error, external pump

Hello there. I recently had a Daikin heat pump system installed (air to water).
    However, the system displayed AE error on its remote control five minutes into operation. Also, not all radiators heated up.

I was told the system pump was not enough, so an external pump was added.
    This allowed all radiators to warm up. However, the AE error is still present. It never goes out. I also worry that the external pump is running continously; increasing the electricty bill.

I am at a loss why the AE light would not go out, I aired and added water to the system up to 2 bar. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, does anyone know if the external pump can be connected to this unit, so it can be turned off and on by the unit? Currently it's just connected to the mains.

many thanks, -tk

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: New heat pump Daikin EKHBRD016ACV1 , AE error, external pump

Sorry, I can't find the AE fault code, please check it.

List of codes here.....www.daikin.co.uk/.../DaikinUK-HeatPumpFaultCodes_tcm511-236276.pdf
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Sorry, I can't find the AE fault code, please check it.

List of codes here.....www.daikin.co.uk/.../DaikinUK-HeatPumpFaultCodes_tcm511-236276.pdf
    Thank you very much - it turns out it's a water flow problem - a clogged filter in this case.
    Cleaning it eliminated the problem..

Make sure that you have between 20 and 45 litres per minute flow rate. The minimum flow rate before you get a 7H fault is 15 litres per minute.

As the inbuilt circulation pump is inverter controlled, it is not possible to connect an additional pump via the Daikin internal PCB.

Care must be taken to prevent the external pump from running when the internal pump is stopped as this could cause a hydraulic in-balance and the system will eventually lock out with a C0 fault code.

If your system requires an additional pump, you may have to install a low loss header with the associated pipework modifications.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Hello. Many thanks for your assistance and great information.
    Here is what I ended up doing: A low loss header was added and a second pump. The second pump was running all the time, so I bought a thermostat controller; strapped the sensor to the hot water pipe coming out of the Daikin.. This enabled me to turn off the added pump when the pipe cools down ( = when the daikin has stopped heating). I hope to save some electricity this way. Regards, -turgut