hydraulic hose as fridge hose? Compatibility? r410a

Hey guys, I stumbled accross this forum by google search.
    I am in Australia, and as far as I can see there doesn't appear to be a flexible hose available here that is suitable for r410a split systems.

Long story short, the split needs to be reasonably portable, but have the efficinac and reliability of a decent splitty.

Any way, I looked at products like spartaflex, etc, which all seem to be UK based, etc. I can't seem to get anything like it here.

So, I can get hydraulic hose, with correct size and flare nuts crimped up at a somewhat reasonable price. Obviously, I need to be certain the plastic used in the hose is compatible with r410a and its oil.

Does anyone have access to, or know for absolute certain what plastics ( nitrile, etc ) is compatible?

Thanks in advance,
    Sparks

( licensed electrician, fridge mechanic... )

Re: hydraulic hose as fridge hose? Compatibility? r410a

My local Enzed has helped out a lot of us over the years, especially with fittings. Try giving your local branch a ring & see what they say.
    Alternatively, there's at least one brand of plastic refrigerant pipe available here, which you'd have thought would be ok for R410a as it's sold as easier to install than pair coil.

Blog Entries

Last edited by nike123; 13-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks for the replies guys, I had previously looked at that thread, and tried the Spartaflex link, but their website is currently down, or not yet built.

I have had a gander at the enzed online catalouge, and come across some SAE100r7 hose, which seems to be acceptable for 410a.

Now I just need to work out what size hose I need to get about that same size ID as the copper I should be using. Should be an easy task. ( At least easier than I thought )

Thanks again guys.
    Feel free to comment on sae100r7 being good or no good for r410a. From what I can see, it seems as though it's a go.
    Last edited by frank; 13-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.