Commercial Vehicle refrigeration

came across a wagon with a fridge unit on the back of it, multiple faults but that's not the point does anyone have any expertise on the workings of them or technical reference to the workings of the valve that switches between night electric motor usage and engine compressor usage if all that makes sense.
    There like an assemble of check valves that switch over depending on which is being used, i need to know more about them.

Re: Commercial Vehicle refrigeration

charlie patts is the transport fridge guru- what make .model is it???
    Last edited by install monkey; 12-10-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typing and beer dont mix too well

Xarios 500
    PB509351
    transcold xarios 500-04 24V 400 /3/50
    serial number PB509351

anyone got any specs or info on this please let me know.
    Mick

micro does all the switching 1way check valves stop discharge on engine being used on standby both systems use same suction line

After some drawings. Can this itam fail as doesent work with engine compressor.

what are the multiple faults you have on it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceiwish View Post
    After some drawings. Can this itam fail as doesent work with engine compressor.
    highly unlikely the check valves will cause you a problem. What is the exact problem?

if you are ok with commercial fridges then truck units seem bizarre but take a step back ,who the f**k designed icemakers, a bloke in a shed with bad eyesight!,I love transport stuff but some people think they are devils work oh and they are so basic

Its just that check assembley think if i saw it in a drawing i could grasp the mechanism more.
    I dont get that many commertial wagons to fix but i one of those who likes to know all as deep as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceiwish View Post
    Its just that check assembley think if i saw it in a drawing i could grasp the mechanism more.
    I dont get that many commertial wagons to fix but i one of those who likes to know all as deep as possible.
    Haven't got a drawing to hand but will try to explain it.

If you have a Xarios 500 the discharge from the road compressor should go to an oil separator in the condensing unit. There is then a check valve out of the opposite side of the oil seperator road compressor discharge flows through this to the condenser.

The standby compressor has a check valve on the discharge service port as with the road compressor this flows through to the condenser.

Their purpose is to stop standby discharge pumping down the road discharge line and road discharge pumping down the standby discharge line.

There is a T on the oil seperator, one is oil feed to the road compressor and the other is to the standby compressor.

Hope this helps?

Best regards,
    Dave.

Its really awesome...thanks for sharing this.. thanks for that, could you explain in a bit more detail?

Send your e mail and I will send the info I have on xarios units like everyone says they are very basic

admin@meengineers.co.uk thanks very much appreciated.

mick

I have something a little different - I have been asked to take a xarios 600 unit off of a transport truck and reinstall it into a permanent cool room on 240v power. The unit runs perfectly on the truck both with the engine and plugged in to 240V. Can this be done easily to set it as a standard cool room? I have limited experience on transport refrigeration and having looked over the units can see refrigeration pipe work coming out of the evaporator and then connecting back into under the truck. I havent taken anything apart yet but can I assume this is hot gas defrost off the truck cab A/C? can I just do away with that as the room is only storing fruit which is already cold and holding it at about 6 degrees? Any help would be greatly appreciated. See,s easy enough just want to make sure Im looking at it right!