Samsung model RSH1NBRS fridge freezer

hi anyone got out to add to a fault on these compressors, the unit continually cycles and sometimes stops and don't start back up,
    Compressor runs fine hot weird and system cools very fast, but put the PTC starter on which is brand new and it cycles,
    i personally believe the dehydrator is blocked, ive read loads just lately on the Samsung fridges and there's mounds of un-happy customers and compressors on them doing exactly the same thing.
    Its almost like a mismatch of components as the PTC clicks out before the head pressure is cleared.
    when these compressors on them get a bit old and starting currents rise the PTC is mismatched to the comp so therefore is forever clicking out.
    ill try a hard start on it or build a bespoke starter with a longer starting time so as to clear the head pressure as i believe its not fully equalising.
    One of those jobs that winds you up, first thread on this site i look forward to more advanced guys giving me some ideas.
    Mick

Re: Samsung model RSH1NBRS fridge freezer

Have this cooler electronic thermostate ??? - check them first, if they using capacitive divider for powering internal elektronic and not using transformer (= cheaper to build) - in many case this high Voltage capacitor have tendence to lose capacitans over time (depend of transients in powerlines wear out this capacitator), current from this capacitor going slowly down (regulated with simple shuntregulator with zenerdiod an capacitor) and after while electronic starve of power and starting to struggle and this behavior in working on current limit can be very temperature sensitive (electronic heating up from semiconductor breaker with compressor running, electronic want more current depend of heat and starving and close down compressor... in periodic cycle)

---

If compressor have start/running capacitator - check them with capacitance measure for expected capacitans

In many case running capacitor give more starting moment compare to PTC-starter (PTC = resestive start) and many times using parallell with PTC-startes in many coolers/freezer in contry with poor and flucturate power delevery with many short outage and in situation with ex. 0.5 sek outage, PTC still hot and not help starting compressor again if compressor stops - running capacitator take over same time PTC depend on own heat not conduct and kick on compressor even with some back pressure.

Some compressor maker (ex. danfoss) have 'tropical - kit' with running capactor for this purpose.

---

Still, you need check if problem with restriction i dryer or capillare, but if still cools very fast and good capacity if compressor running - i think you not have a flow-problem..., remember compressor can go more hot (and different noise) short time depend of heavy loaded if you starting from enviroment temperatur inside boxes compare normal working with already cool ref/freezer.

My five cent guess is you have problem with electronic termostat and not have problem with compressor systems ie. still starting and make good cooling capacity if this run.
    Last edited by xxargs; 12-10-2013 at 11:19 AM.

wow thanks for all that,
    think ill try the hard start and if that don't do it going to change dehydrator although put ofn through it and don't seem any blockage, im intrigued about the electronic starter to the compressor, by the way its resistive start capacitive run PTc by the way.
    Just weird i hot wire it and it runs no probs then i put original wires on built into Samsung unit and then don't operate so you might have found the problem with the electronic thermostat.

by the way tested cap thats fine, should be its brand new