Hi there,

I am looking to build a modular freezer system for stocking ice cream and fruit. There would be 3 seperate freezers of around 6m3 each.

I would like to specify my own system for a DIY construction with 150mm insulated panels. The freezer rooms have to go down to -28.

The first room would be filled progressively with ice cream from january until july. It is difficult for me to estimate the amounts leaving and entering the freezer room because we are at the beginning of our sales. The ice cream would be at -23 on entry, directly from a blast freezer.

The fruit would arrive at ambient temperature 20C. There might be 1000kg of strawberries in there at one time, loaded progressivly throughout the season from may onwards.

The third room I would like to keep as a spare in case of overspill.

I would like to build the room myself and hook up some used say, Bitzer compressors. It would be nice if they were overspecced so we could expand the freezer rooms in time and for them to be still on low duty.

Is it possible to somehow divert the compressors so that they all act on the third room to create a blast room chamber...or is this my naive thinking!?

Hope you can help! Greetings from Brittany in France!

Cidermaker