Hello All,

My name is Luc, just joined the forum, mainly to get more knowledge and information about airconditioners in a drive to lower my energy bills.

In search for alternatives for aircon's or improving their efficiency, I first came across Peltier Devices but soon found out that they are very in-efficient.
Another solution I found was assisted solar, where gas is superheated before the compressor by a solar heat-collector.

That's where a light went off as in...
Combine the Peltier's Hot/Cold functionality with a PV-module (connected to battery and charger for night use) and use the hot side to pre-heat the gas before the compressor. Then use the cold side of the Peltier to cool down the post-compressor gas in the condenser...

So you'd be using both sides. Peltier sandwiched between 2 heat-sinks, with 1 heat-sink attached to the incoming line and the 2nd heat-sink attached to the outgoing line of the compressor..

I am very tempted to try this on an old fridge-unit that I have, stripped and on a sled. It's filled up and functional, so it's easy for me to start.
But before that, I want to know some expert-opinions on this.

Hope you guys can get me on the way a with.

Thanks and regards,
Luc