Hi

I have posted this question in different forms in other threads however people have complained I haven't been clear or explained my requirements properly. I will explain my problem properly here, list my requirements and collate other peoples answers.
Please kindly take the time to read it and tell me if I am doing the right thing, weather you foresee any problem, can give further advice etc.

Problem: Develop a tool(proof of concept) to SLOW FREEZE chicken and cause large ice crystal damage causing excessive purge/drip.

When chicken freezes the natural water inside the chicken(inside the chickens cells) turn into ice crystals. The freezing point for chicken is -2.2c. When a chicken freezes between the range -2.2c to -4c the internal ice crystals expand and become larger. If the ice crystals become too large they will tear/rupture the cells of the chicken and water will drip/purge out.
If the chicken spends less time e.g. 2 hours in this range then the ice crystals will not expand so much and there will be less damage/drip. This is why domestic or any freezers have minimum freezer temps of -15c, because higher temps may cause large ice crystal damage. This is also why certain foods are blast frozen/fast frozen i.e. to cause minimal ice crystal damage.

I want a freezer that will SLOW FREEZE chicken and maximise ice crystal damage leading to excessive purge and drip. Provided a freezer has enough capacity, as far as I'm aware, the main factors which will determine how fast a food freezes is temperature and air velocity. I am assuming that if I have control over temperature e.g. I can set as low as -2c to -5c, this will cause the chicken to spend at least several hours if not more in the -2.2c to -4c range. This being the case I am assuming a normal capacity freezer with low enough temperatures will slow freeze as I want.

It is also worth noting that if a chicken freezes at a fluctuating temperature in the mentioned range(-2.2c to -4c) then ice crystal damage would be even greater as it causes partial freeze/thaw(aka ice recrystalization ). If possible this should be incorporated in the product.