Ranco K50-Q6126 Thermostat replacement please?

Hi, my OH has a faulty Ranco K50-Q6126 thermostat from a Phoenix domestic chiller. (it is also marked 03 0621QA 8; VC532575; K50/K54/K56/K60/K57/K59).

I have been unable to locate a suitable replacement with the same part number (or certainly not a sensible price); Ranco are just directing me to the OEM part number and won't offer any advice. I wondered if a Ranco VB7 would be a suitable replacement please?

My unit measures 60mm long, 30mm wide and 27mm high (excl. output shaft). The thermocouple is 1000mm (1 metre) long, if that helps. It has blue, brown and earth wire connections.

Many thanks.

polybear

Re: Ranco K50-Q6126 Thermostat replacement please?

k50
    APPLICATIONS
    Refrigerators
    Freezers
    Bottle coolers
    Liquid coolers
    Refrigerated display counters
    Air conditioning units
    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Application range between
    40°C/-40°F and 10°C/50°F
    Faston terminals 6.3 or 4.8 mm
    Electrical rating terminals 3 and
    4 K50 \ K14 6(6)A
    at 250V~,(12A at 12V DC)

ranco vt9
    Thermostat: Indesit VT9 VL9 Ranco VT9 / VL9 thermostat for Two door Fridge / freezers WITH automatic defrost Ranco VT9 VL9 K59L1102002 K59 Compares to Atea W4, Danfoss Kit 3 and Whirlpool WPLW4 Two door Fridge / freezers WITH automatic defrost Cold
    Last edited by install monkey; 13-09-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: wiring colour and shaft length isnt important unless ur a spark on the pull in da club! haha

Many thanks for the reply. However, I'm a bit confused - are you suggesting the VT9 thermostat would be the one to use? The Ranco Varifix Brochure suggests the VB7 (VL7) for Bottle Coolers, and the VT9 for larder refrigerators/2 door cabinets.

The cooler in question is a small worktop mounted unit with single glass door, if that's any help. One shelf and a very small metal box (ice box?) in the top right corner - maybe only 6" by 3" door on the front.

I'd be interested to learn why the VT9 might be the one please, if that's what you are suggesting?

Many thanks.

polybear

http://www.danfoss.com/United_Kingdo...dc6e9ec50.html
    my bad- dyslexia-
    danfoss do a range of statd domestic replacement- depending on if you have an ice box / or bottle cooler or if the stat is mounted on the evap plate- at around 8quid - from most fridge wholesalers its a matter of trial an error- ps evap plate mounted ones might have a cut out of -9deg and a cut in of 7 deg to allow for frosting to dissappear to maintain a 2-5deg cabinet temp

Many thanks; I was thinking that a Ranco unit might prove easier though, if a suitable alternative to the OEM part is available. Many of the Ranco units appear to be based on the same metal box etc., so the actual mechanical layout / installation of an alternative into the Chiller may prove more straightforward perhaps?

polybear

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Bear in mind that often the number on a thermostat is a unique OEM reference by the 'stat manufacturers.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Brian,

I'm with you there. In this case it seems to be a case of preventing the user from buying the same model direct from Ranco under their standard part number, in order that you have to buy the OEM part at four times the price. Ranco just won't play ball, full stop, and keep referring me to the Chiller manufacturer. No chance...

polybear