Heat pump for narrowboat

Got asked by a client if there was any heat pumps that would fit on a narrow boat as they have height restrictions. Suggested a window rattler but he wants to keep it water tight. They also want the condenser on the top of the boat any1 got any ideas ?

Re: Heat pump for narrowboat

Just take one intended for use on a normal boat and fold it in half to get it slimmer?

Jokes aside,
    If you intend to use a "standard" split then it's just a matter of trawling (no pun intended) the spec sheets and see which one will be the smallest but still give the capacity.
    But another thing to bear in mind... With that steel heat exchanger they call hull there isn't really any need for external units. It was even a thread here not long ago about someone fixing pipe internally on the hull for a boat to use as condenser.

It's mainly for use when there in the docks, I suggested a chiller they use on vans and then a dimplex heater but there adiment on a heat pump. The only problem with useing the hull a narrowboat goes slow and it's bottom is hardly in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    It's mainly for use when there in the docks, I suggested a chiller they use on vans and then a dimplex heater but there adiment on a heat pump. The only problem with useing the hull a narrowboat goes slow and it's bottom is hardly in the water.
    http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/product...top/HP_hp2.php

I know the European importer..