Copper spun dryers maximum temperature?

What is the maximum temperature of a copper spun dryer when being brazed?

I tried to braze one in this evening with a blow lamp, I eventually succeeded but my instincts were getting the better of me afterwards regarding its maximum temperature, and the time the heat was being applied to it.

I haven't brazed a copper spun dryer for years, and I normally use oxy acet, but this evening I didn't have it with me and used my blow lamp. Not realising the amount of time the heat would need to be applied, has caused me concern.

I've left it on leak test overnight, and I will find out tommorow when I commision it, if it has been damaged.

Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Re: Copper spun dryers maximum temperature?

http://www.emersonclimate.com/Docume...lter_Drier.pdf
    doesnt say- mapp gas temp around 900degc oxy acetylene over 1100 deg c - next time recommend a wet rag or kool gel- pyromate isnt as good
    had a copper spun drier go bang when it was blocked- ears were ringing for 20 mins after- dropped about a kilo of 502 in a petrol station!!!

Ok cheers bud.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Couldn't find any temperature limits on the Sporlan website apart from a minimum.

They do say, of course, a quick hot braze and show a wet rag over the drier but the main problem seems to be dropping a solid core one.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Refuse to use ,,, numerous have fallen over in the field throwing
    Silica beads throughout the system ,,, for the sake of an extra 3$ go solid core...it's not the copper that melts it is the very fine aluminum strainer inside ,,, virtually the same as what's in an EPR..
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

The unit failed to work due to bad compressor and has been condemened and since been replaced due to other problems found with it.

Going to pick it up tommorow and strip it down in workshop as the door and the new evaporator which were replaced are needed on an identicle unit. I'm going to cut the dryer down the middle and see if any damage was done with the prolonged heat.