Scroll digital technology!!!

Hello everyone!!!
    I am planning on using scroll digital technology on part of one of our supermarkets.This system will cool bunch of enclosed multideck coolers.(probably total capacity of around 25kW and -12C evap temp).I want to monitor the system after start up to see energy consumption and most importantly stability of my evap. temperature(pressure)(supposedly copeland digital scrolls are the best fit for such tasks!!!!) ....Anybody had such an experience???...feedbacks will be appreciated!!
    Thx......

Re: Scroll digital technology!!!

NO i did not any kind of experience regarding SDT but as your explanation i feel i have to try it. Can you please providing more info about SDT..

I do not like the digital scroll technology. When the digital part pulses it more or less keeps the suction pressure near setpoint but does not offer much for amp draw reduction on the motor. In my humble opinion recip or screw with a VFD is still the best for capacity control and energy savings.

I've worked on a few copeland easycool digital scroll units (i think they were called easycool, it was a couple of years ago) All I'd say is check before you run the pipework whether you need to lag the liquid line on the low temp stuff...I finished off a job after a company went bust 3/4's of the way through it. 150m pipe run, 5/8'' liquid line and they didn't lag it....that was fun....not !
    Last edited by sokold; 02-11-2013 at 11:45 PM.

daddym Guest

It is really working, at least at PAC area. EEV is very recommended, like for any other variable technology. Good thing, you do not need to worry about an oil return. Bad thing as already mentioned, the current is nearly the same, you just drop the cos Phi during unload. The starting current is also not decreased. A lot of terrible noise, like it is broken, but this is quite normal.

It works well to reduce cycle rates, but when unloaded it is doing NO Compression. A Recip or a Screw with a VFD is still doing work at a low speed.. Much more efficient to run a Recip or Screw with a VFD.

I'd have to agree with Coorsman777 with reciprocal or screw with a VFD. I've been looking at a Turbocor solution for a data centre project and in regards to efficiency it seems to be the winner. I've done a bit of research and it looks like chillers that work using a Turbocor compressor offer ESEER (European Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) values of up to 40% which is higher than a standard scroll or screw compressor. (hands up I copied and pasted that

The benefits look great (http://www.icsdatacentrecooling.co.u...ology/2013/12/ - liked the colourful infographic on that page)

Has anyone else experienced in the area of Turbocor Technology? Be great to hear on the savings and if anyone has an example of an actual PUE calculation.

All the best with the project bjkmiami.