Evap and condenser question

Hi all
    I have a quisthoud regarding evap. And condenser. I know that the condenser has to be dimensioned slightly bigger since it has to dissipate more heat, due to the heat from the compressor. Now if i want a system on 300w cooling capacity and i can only find a evaporator that is has a specification of 500w, what does This mean? Will there just be alot of waste since you only need 300w, and will it just deliver 500w thereby making the cooling Will go faster?

Re: Evap and condenser question

It all depends on how you size the rest of the system around it...

A compressor capable of delivering 300W of cooling will only give you 300W of cooling regardless of how over-sized your evaporator is.

A 300W compressor (and metering device) on a 500W evaporator will give you less of a delta T across the evaporator (which might be a good thing as it will dehumidify less) and a higher superheat (which might be a bad thing as the compressor might overheat)

So as long as everything is correctly designed and the compressor chosen with care the problems associated with an over-sized evaporator is not impossible to overcome. (But it does take someone with a bit of experience in designing refrigeration circuits to get it all right on the first go)

Re: Evap and condenser question

Yea seems like it is quite hard with balancing the system correctly, but thanks for the respond, I will look into it