Goodman quality ??

Hi
    I am a landlord and will be replacing 4 units, (two 2 1/2 tons, and two 4 tons) I am looking at some good prices for the Gooodman packages, I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on the Goodman products. i have carrier units in place now but it is impossible to get the parts online (two coils have gone). i would appreciate any input on Goodman or any advice
    Thanks
    Woody

Re: Goodman quality ??

By the book, Goodman is low end equipment. No frills basic gear.
    They are often seen in rental situations.
    In comparison, Carrier is a higher priced line, sometimes with advantages depending on the model.
    Goodman can serve adequately if, like any system its well installed and maintained.
    If the condensing unit is in a location where it is likely to get battered or otherwise abused, a cabinet that protects the condenser is desirable. The older Goodman units were pretty exposed open condensers. I have not seen the new models. Compressors made by Copeland are my top pick, Tecumseh being second. I try to avoid bristol compressors whenever possible.

Sincerely

We've been installing Goodman for the past five or six years. Switched from York/Luxaire when they had a run of bad evaporator coils. We've been pleased with quality. I can think of two leaking evap coils, one condenser coil, and a few reversing valves and TXVs, and we probably have two hundred Goodman units out there.

More important than equipment brand is the install quality. Is equipment sized properly? Duct size OK? Airflow good? Good install practices such as evacuating lines, proper charging, and piping well secured so it won't rub through?

Expensive equipment won't last if the install is poor. Standard/mid-end equipment should work ok if it's installed well.

Isn't Goodman a Daikin brand nowadays?