Lightbulb will liquid receiver make flash gas?

Dear friends,
    I have some questions about liquid receivers.
    1. Why not using liquid receivers in air-condition systems? i have seen the usage of receivers in mostly in low temperature applications.
    2. As refrigerant enter to the liquid receiver, it expands and create flash gas. Will it reduce the system capacity? Or will this flash gas again condensed to liquid?
    May be my questions are blunder, but please I need some clarifications……

Re: will liquid receiver make flash gas?

The discussion on what happens inside a receiver is one that crops up quite often and
    it does create huge debate.

Receivers are used when you have a Thermostatically Controlled Expansion valve (TEV)
    or a Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV). Because the valve opens and closes, it requires a reserve
    of liquid to feed it so that is where the receiver comes in.

In AC systems they sometimes use an over sized condenser and the liquid is stored in
    the bottom of the condenser.

Some AC systems only use a capillary tube and they do not need a receiver at all.

Regards

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob White View Post

The discussion on what happens inside a receiver is one that crops up quite often and
    it does create huge debate.

Receivers are used when you have a Thermostatically Controlled Expansion valve (TEV)
    or a Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV). Because the valve opens and closes, it requires a reserve
    of liquid to feed it so that is where the receiver comes in.

In AC systems they sometimes use an over sized condenser and the liquid is stored in
    the bottom of the condenser.

Some AC systems only use a capillary tube and they do not need a receiver at all.

Regards

Rob

I couldn't have said it better!

1) ac systems usually are dx evaporators & condensers ( water cooled ) act like a condenser cum receiver ..... Air-cooled condensers usually are installed with receivers to avoid reduction in condenser capacity due to liquid

2) the flash gas in receiver will not liquify as long as the plant operates. After te plant shuts down gas could condence if surrounding temp drops

d d koranne