New T&C's at Carters

Just been told that the lads who are being Tupe'd for co-op have untill Tuesday PM to sign their new T&c's. They've been told they get an extra weeks wage as an 'incentive'
    Have the existing Carter Engineers signed them or are they still in dispute.
    Some of the Tupeing engineers have already signed them

Re: New T&C's at Carters

tupe shamoopy

can t really change t&c s its illeagal i ve already posted tupe regs 2009 on another post

Thay have got round Tupe by giving all their existing workforce new contracts so (restruturing the company) The only thing the Tupe lads can keep is length of service.
    They dont seem well organised and obviously dont know what they are getting into with the Co-op

not just the co-op thats going to be a problem wat about tesco ? every little helps.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tony--1 View Post
    not just the co-op thats going to be a problem wat about tesco ? every little helps.....LOL

Tesco. Very Little Helps.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Well lads first day on the new coop contract how has everyone found it...dissorganised and manic.Job is the same but how much harder is it, takes longer on the ipac than the fixing the job

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post
    Tesco. Very Little Helps.

Very good ...LMAO.......HEHE

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Thay have got round Tupe by giving all their existing workforce new contracts so (restruturing the company) The only thing the Tupe lads can keep is length of service.
    They dont seem well organised and obviously dont know what they are getting into with the Co-op
    the tupe lads can keep their length of service but also their rates of pay...which for me is about 80 pence an hour less than carters. We were told carters were wanting to harmonise all there contracts of employment
    so my contract is absolute pants now...anyone know of any GOOD COMPANIES who are looking for engineers

carters are struggling to get engineers for their contracts...Tesco contract starts monday...will be interesting to see what happens.dont forget to post messages on here its the only way to find out whats really happening.Think carters are like the saying goes the mushroom club.Who is longdon estates they are listed as the holding company for carters ??? what does that mean

gillagon Guest

I have heard that most the TUPE lads have actually signed the new T & C's bar a small pocket so clearly they cannot be that unreasonable..
    Last edited by gillagon; 12-04-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Help Would someone in the UK please enlighten a poor old engineer from the wet coast on what a T & C is. While you are at it a definition of TUPE would be appreciated. Thanks C.D.
    NH3 for me

T&C terms and conditions of employment ie workinng hours,pay,holiday entitlement etc
    Tupe is when a new company takes over a contract and the employees of the original company transfer to the new company

T & C = Terms and conditions (of employment)

Tupe = Legislation set up to give employees some protection when their work is transferred to another employer, usually as a result of a Employer / Customer contract change.

james, Spencer Thanks for the info. Judging by the post on this subject it sounds like the workers are the ones that get the short end of the stick. C.D.
    NH3 for me

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEF DELPAC View Post
    james, Spencer Thanks for the info. Judging by the post on this subject it sounds like the workers are the ones that get the short end of the stick. C.D.

we always do!!

quite a number still have not signed,,,and carters have done nothing at all about it???perhaps legally theres not a lot they can do.So where does that leave those that were pressured into signing..and i mean PRESSUREDinto signing,as under TUPE they could change the T&C s because they where changing EVERYONES ?????
    Last edited by smoggy; 23-06-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling

i have recentley spoken to a solicitor and he said carters could not do what they have done you have until 30th june to do anything about it another option is to go for constructive dismissal and complain as a group.a number of people still have not signed there contracts and it is more than what they are letting on

Et tu, Brute Guest

Hi Smoggy, more information would be great.why do we have till June 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by Et tu, Brute View Post
    Hi Smoggy, more information would be great.why do we have till June 30th?
    dont know its just what one solicitor told me ,but i have seen another.Ithink its because i signed the contract and it would be to go for constructive dismissal.The solicitor i saw also said that anyone who is employed by a company when a tupe is to take place is covered by tupe transfer regulations,regardless of of his length of service,be it 1 day 1month 1year what ever. also those that have signed do not lose any holidays,carters are responsible for any outstanding holidays,,unfortunately for them they take on eny debts incured.

also those that have signed are still covered under tupe so they cant change other terms and conditions like stand bys as carters now propose to incorporate the stand by to run alongside the shifts so its going to end up were you work a sat for single time ..but get the monday off

Post Re: New T&C's at Carters

Quote Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
    also those that have signed are still covered under tupe so they cant change other terms and conditions like stand bys as carters now propose to incorporate the stand by to run alongside the shifts so its going to end up were you work a sat for single time ..but get the monday off
    If your not happy why not leave, like quite a few of us have ?

I actually really enjoyed the work before carters started
    and i am waiting to see if they can hang on to the contract first before doing anything..Ihave had my fingers burnt in the past

just heard carters are going to leave those that have not signed new contracts on their old t&cs what a kick in the nuts for those that were told that if they didnt sign they would not have a job..and what about the "HARMONISATION "of all contracts

bluebottle Guest

I got out of Supermarkets 8 years ago because of these companies messing around with peoples lives driven by the likes of Sainsburys etc , striving to cut maintenance costs . I can confirm it was the wisest and best thing i have ever done regarding my employment and welfare . I urge every engineer worth his salt to stand back and look at what you really want out of life. Or just be a parts fitter for the rest of it .